Here at Union Market, it’s an honor and a privilege for us to be able to serve the community during these uncertain times. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to do our best to keep our shelves well-stocked amid shortages and other challenges brought about as a result of the global response to the novel coronavirus.
Protecting our employees and shoppers is our top priority right now. Please see below for important store update and to learn more about the precautionary measures we’re implementing company-wide.
Home Delivery is not accepting new orders
Our Home Delivery service is not accepting new orders at this time.
We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to be able to accept new delivery orders again in the near future. Please check back for updates. Thank you.
Coronavirus Shopping Etiquette
- Customers at all locations are encouraged to reserve the first hour of operation for the most vulnerable members of our community, including seniors, the disabled, and those with compromised immunity. Our current reserved hours are: 9AM – 10AM at our Union Street and 7th Avenue location (effective 3/28,2020), and 7AM– 8AM at all remaining locations.
- We are working to limit the maximum number of customers in our stores at one time.
- We have provided floor markings so that customers can maintain approximately six feet of distance from one another while waiting to check out, and we recommend that customers keep ample distance between one another while shopping.
- For everyone’s safety, we’re asking that customers please do their shopping as quickly as possible so as to limit their time spent in the store.
- We also encourage households to send only one person to purchase groceries in order to maintain adequate social distancing, and to limit the amount of people in the store.
Other Precautionary Measures
- Routine cleaning and sanitizing is being performed on high-touch areas like counters, phone consoles, shopping baskets, and shopping carts.
- All employees have been instructed to wear gloves, including cashiers. Furthermore, our cashiers have been instructed to change their gloves if requested to do so by a customer.
- Additionally, we will be asking customers to please step back while your cashier rings up your purchases, and our cashiers will likewise step back when customers bring their merchandise to the counter.
- Employees have been asked to maintain a distance of six feet between one another whenever possible.
- Employees with any acute respiratory symptoms or other illnesses are actively encouraged to stay home.
- Employees with sick family members or COVID-19 exposures are required to notify their supervisor so that the CDC-recommended risk assessment procedures can be taken.
- Employees have been educated on proper hygiene and handwashing techniques.
- We’ve temporarily suspended all food sampling, self-serve hot soup and hot oatmeal, and our self-serve olive bar.
- Effective Saturday March 28, 2020, our hours of operation at our Union Street and 7th Avenue locations are 9AM – 7PM. Starting Monday March 20, 2020, our Court Street, Houston Street, and Flatbush Avenue locations will begin operating 9AM – 7PM. Our change in hours of operation will better allow company-wide coordination of routine cleaning and the restocking of shelves, and to provide employees with much-needed rest.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we continue to monitor the situation and update our safety practices. Stay well and safe!