What better way to say goodbye to 2016 than with a bevy of beautiful, fresh oysters, chilled to perfection, with a little mignonette on the side. We have Sewansecotts, Wellfleets, Kusshis, and a whole host of other delicious bivalves from up and down the East and West Coasts. And don’t worry about shucking them—our fishmongers can take care of that for you.
If you really want to treat yourself, take home a jar (or two!) of our sustainable caviar—just a spoonful on warm blini drenched in butter, or with a slick of crème fraîche on a slice of toasted baguette is the perfect indulgence to ring in the New Year.
To see our selection of oysters and caviar, or if you need any suggestions on how to serve your caviar, just scroll down.
- Store caviar in the coldest part of your fridge but do not freeze it!
- Unopened, caviar will last 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator. Once opened, though, consume as soon as possible.
- If returning an opened tin of caviar to the fridge, cover the surface of the caviar directly with cling film directly before putting the lid back on.
- Make sure to serve caviar with a non-metallic spoon like mother-of-pearl, bone, or horn.
- Caviar with Blini and Butter
Don’t overthink it. Sometimes the classics are the best. Pick up a pack of our mini blini, warm through gently in an oven, dab liberally with the finest butter you can find (try our Vermont Creamery Cultured Butter or our imported cult favorite Beurre de Baratte) and top with ice-cold caviar. Eat immediately.
- Caviar with Cucumber and Crème Fraîche
If all that butter makes you anxious, smear a little crème fraîche on a thin slice of cucumber and add a generous topping of caviar and some dill for a healthy but decadent-tasting treat.
- Caviar on French Bread with Cultured Butter
For something simple and exquisite, we recommend very lightly toasting slices of our Blue Duck Bakery baguette so that the bread is still pliable, then smearing it with crème fraîche or nutty, aromatic cultured butter before topping with a dollop of caviar.
Medium-size dark gray-black pearls with great pop and the classic vibrant and nutty Caspian Sea taste profile
$125 / 1 oz
Medium-size shiny black pearls, subtle and fruity
$75 / 1 oz
$150 / 2 oz
Small jet-black pearls, pleasantly buttery and sweet
$25 / 1 oz
$50 / 2 oz
$100 / 4 oz
Large deep orange to red pearls with an intense, briny tang
$6.99 / 2 oz
East Coast Oysters
Plump, sweet, crisp, and clean
Firm, meaty, and subtly sweet
EAST BEACH BLONDES
Smooth, silky, and delicately briny
WEST COAST OYSTERS
Sweet, crisp, and briny with hints of honeydew
Smooth, bright, and mildly briny
Plump, buttery, rich, and slightly fruity